2-3 page essay
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2009). Developing process evaluation questions [Evaluation Briefs No. 4]. Retrieved July 1, 2012 fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/evaluation/pdf/brief4.pdf
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2009). Evaluating your strategic plan [Evaluation Briefs No. 5]. Retrieved July 1, 2012 fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/evaluation/pdf/ertnews_spring09.pdf
Committee on Health and Behavior: Research, Practice, and Policy, Board on Neuroscience and Behavioral Health (2001). Evaluating and disseminating intervention research. Health and behavior: The interplay between the biological, behavioral, and societal influences (pp. 274-309). Washington, DC: National Academy Press. Retrieved July 1, 2012 from http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=9838&page=274
Mokdad, A.H. & Remington, P.L. (2010 July). Measuring health behaviors in populations.Preventing Chronic Disease, 7(4), A75. Retrieved July 1, 2012 fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2010/jul/10_0010.htm
MEASURING HEALTH BEHAVIOR
According to Mokdad & Remington (2010), “health behaviors are a leading cause of illness and death in the United States” (p. 1). Reflecting on this statement, write a paper (2-3 pages) discussing the importance of being able to measure health behaviors and describing methods to assess health behaviors in a target population.
The following items in particular will be assessed:
- Discuss reasons for measuring health behaviors.
- Identify at least two methods to assess/measure smoking behaviors among adolescents in your community.
- In your opinion, do you agree or disagree that measurement of health behavior is useful for program planning. Defend your position by providing empirical evidence.
Your paper will be graded on the following factors:
- Original work—the paper is your own work, not copied or paraphrased from any other sources.
- References—information provided in your must be based on your literature search and not merely an opinion. In-text citations and a complete reference list are required. Scholarly and professional sources are required. Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.
- Precision—follows all instructions and answer each part of the assignment.
- Breadth—shows broad knowledge of the topic (multiple perspectives and references, multiple issues/factors considered, as appropriate).
- Depth—provides detail to show more critical thought specific to the assignment.
- Clarity—clear explanation and discussion in addressing the assignment.
- Critical thinking—thinking that goes beyond simple description, repetition, or quotation, and comes to a relevant conclusion.
- Application—the extent to which you apply the information to a real-life situation related to the assignment.
- Length—meets page requirements as stated in the assignment.