2 6 reflection journal diversity management issue – writinghub.net
In this journal activity, address the following items in your response:
- Review the information from reading and resource and carry out your own research on the topic of Diversity Management. You are encouraged to carry out your research via the Web.
- Reflect upon and provide a brief summary of a personal diversity management issue you may have experienced in your lifetime in relation to ethical treatment in the workplace. Alternatives to a personal experience could also be in the form of a large corporate franchise you have read or seen in media or a small business in a community you have observed.
- State, in your own words, the management style used within this environment. Then, looking at the situation objectively, how did the management style affect the organization? Explain how this situation impacted the morale of the organization.
- Take this activity a step further and research an ethics-related management issue within the aviation industry. Briefly express the occurrence and state a best practice in which management took in the situation. If you feel as though there was not a best practice taken further your research and identify a best practice which should have been taken and include in your suggestion your response.
Read the following resources from the Web to increase your understanding of cultural diversity within the aviation industry.
- BBA Aviation Code of Business Ethics December 2015 (Links to an external site.) (PDF): The focus of this article is BBA Aviation (which expression shall include its subsidiaries and affiliates) and sets out the standards (the Code of Business Ethics) they have adopted for everybody who works for BBA Aviation.
- Code of Ethics and Business Conduct â€“ Delta Airlines (Links to an external site.) (PDF): Delta has always followed a policy of conducting its business ethically and in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law. This policy is critical to Deltaâ€™s International reputation for excellence and integrity in business conduct.
- Impact of Job Stress on Job Satisfaction Among Air Traffic Controllers of Civil Aviation Authority: An Empirical Study From Pakistan (Links to an external site.) (PDF): This paper is by Muhammad Iqbal, Doctoral Research Fellow, Economics Department, University of Karachi, Pakistan, 2012. The aim of the study was to investigate the impact of job stress on job satisfaction of employees. It also aimed to find out the drivers for the job stress, which ultimately negatively affects job satisfaction.
- Lighthouse White Paper â€“ Why Reporting Hotlines are Considered a Best Practice (Links to an external site.) (PDF):The impact of fraud in the workplace can be devastating. A previous ACFE survey indicates that, by far, the most common way companies detect fraud is with anonymous tips received via fraud or ethics hotlines. According to the survey, 37.8 percent of frauds in U.S. companies were discovered through tips, while only 17.1 percent were uncovered by management review and 13.7 percent by internal audit.