Psychology 2023 Solution: Assignment 2: Naturalistic Observations And Evaluation
2023 Conducting an ethnographic study is a fun way of gathering research about your social environment You may
Conducting an ethnographic study is a fun way of gathering research about your social environment. You may have done an ethnography before without really being aware of it. In a small way, this assignment recreates what ethnographers do when they visit a new community to conduct research.
Complete the following:
- Choose a restaurant, library, mall, dining hall, coffee shop, or similar public location. Plan to spend a minimum of two hours at the location. You will visit this location twice, for a minimum of four hours total. Keep in mind that if you should find one of your peers in the establishment at the same time when you are there, do not interrupt him/her and do not do the assignment at the same time.
- Document what occurs at this chosen location:
- Describe the establishment.
- Analyze the interactions between people.
Next, write a paper documenting and analyzing your observations of the location.
Your observation notes should specifically include the following:
- Name and location of the establishment
- Dates and times you were there
- Place where you stood/sat and when you did your research
- Description of the physical characteristics of the inside and outside of the establishment (e.g. brick or concrete structure, paint color, seating arrangements)
- Number and types of people visiting the establishment while you were there (age, sex, type of clothing, probable occupations, ethnicity, etc.)
- Document interactions such as:
- specific nature of the interactions that take place in the establishment among customers, between customers and staff, and among staff
- types of languages used in the establishment and by whom
- any strange or unusual behavior
Include the following in your analysis:
- Comparison of similarities and differences of this establishment and other similar establishments you know about
- Nature of the treatment of customers in the establishment
- Relationships between customers and workers
- Any behavior that surprised you or was contrary to your expectations
- How it felt to do the research
- Most difficult aspects of the research
- What you found most interesting about the research
In your analysis, be sure to draw upon your observations to support your conclusions.
In the appendix of your paper, include the following:
- A sketch of the layout of the establishment (You can draw in a computer program, like Paint that comes preloaded on most PCs and insert it into your Word file.)
- Transcription of your notes
Write a 4–6-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, August 28, 2013, deliver your assignment to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Documented observations for a total of two hours, at two different times in a public establishment on all required details such as dates, times, interactions.||
|Drew conclusions based on observations.||
Wrote an analysis summary on all required details such as relationships observed, your reactions, comparison to other establishments.
|Created a sketch of the layout of the establishment as an appendix.||
Usage and Mechanics (12)
APA Elements (16)
We give our students 100% satisfaction with their assignments, one of the most important reasons students prefer us to other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason is that we successfully helped over 100000 students with their assignments on our inception days. Our expert group has more than 2200 professionals in different topics, and that is not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.