https://writinghub.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/output-onlinepngtools-10-1-300x69.png 0 0 admin https://writinghub.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/output-onlinepngtools-10-1-300x69.png admin2021-01-21 01:21:252020-12-20 14:21:06Acid precipitation/ Acid rain, environmental science homework help
Pollutants can harm ecosystem function and may also harm human health.
You will write an APA-style research paper about pollutants, their impacts, and mitigation of harmful effects. Include the following:
- Select 1 example of an environmental pollutant from the following list:
- Acid precipitation/ Acid rain
- DDT pesticide use
- Answer the following questions about the pollution problem that you chose:
- Describe the pollutant chosen and the source of the pollutants. Include both natural and human sources, as applicable.
- Is this a point-source pollutant or nonpoint-source pollutant? Explain.
- What are the harmful impacts of the pollution?
- Describe impacts to both humans and to ecosystem structure and function.
- What steps are in place to eliminate the pollutant or to mitigate harm from the pollutant?
- Describe examples of laws or regulations that apply to the pollution and its sources.
- Also, describe educational programs, technology, or other initiatives that are used to help control the pollution.
- Have the programs, best management practices, or regulations been effective in resolving harm from the pollutant?
- Give examples of progress, or explain with examples what more could be done.
Deliverable Length: 2-3 pages