analyze a single story through the lens of two different types of analysis. – writinghub.net
1. You have read and annotated one of the following stories from your American Short Stories anthology.
- The Lottery (135)
- A&P (259)
- Miriam (147)
- The Wooing of Ariadne (299)
- Where Have You Gone Charming Billy? (337)
- Everything Stuck to Him (349)
2. You have selected two types of criticism (from the chart above) that you would like to apply to a short analysis of the story you read.
3. Write a one-paragraph (minimum 12 sentences) analysis of the story for each of the two types of criticism you selected. For each paragraph, include:
- A hook.
- A brief summary.
- An arguable thesis related to the type of criticism and the theme of the story.
- At least 2 embedded/direct quotations from the text that support your thesis with a lead in and commentary for each.
- A thesis echo.
- A clincher.