assignment word processing 1 reading response state of the news media 1 – writinghub.net
Assignment: Word Processing 1 (Reading Response)
State of the News Media
1. This assignment requires you to write a response to the data and trends in newspapers and digital news based on the State of the News Media from the Pew Research Center.
- State of the News Media (Links to an external site.)
- Newspaper Fact Sheet (Links to an external site.)
- Digital News Fact Sheet (Links to an external site.)
2. You should write an 800 – 1, 200 word response based on the following assignment questions:
(Links to an external site.)Questions to answer:
- Why have newspapers been hit the hardest? Explain.
- How does digital newspaper traffic compare to general newspaper circulation? What is the difference?
- What can news editor do to increase newspaper readership?
Questions to answer:
- What is a digital-native news outlet?
- What is the difference between highest traffic for mobile app availability for digital-native news outlets?
- Compare and contrast the median annual wage for newsroom employees in the digital-native sector. Provide at least two examples (e.g., news analysts, editors, photographers).
3. Also, you will need to include an introduction and conclusion (summary). This is the recommended assignment structure:
- Newspaper Fact Sheet – response based on reading
- Digital News Fact Sheet – response based on reading
4. Technical specifications:
- Type using Microsoft Word and save document as a word.doc (save as initial of first name and lastname.doc) – Example: ATabb.doc
- Font size: 11 pt. or 12 pt.
- Single-spaced, no more than four sentences per paragraph, 1 spacing line to separate paragraphs
- Font options: Times New Roman, Times, Arial, Helvetica or Georgia
- See the attached (style/format) document
- Perform a grammar, spelling and punctuation check
- Write using third person only, no first or second person
5. Submitting your Word Processing 01 Assignment:
Upload, as an attachment, your Microsoft Word document or PDF for grading into this assignment submission in Canvas; do not upload any other type of document file.
You are not required to use AP style, but you must use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
I need two different assignments for two students.
Do not copy from Internet or books.