Case Study: Nurse Specialist (INS) – writinghub.net
Case Study: Nurse Specialist (INS)
Case Study: Nurse Specialist (INS)
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPERDiscuss:Case Study: Nurse Specialist (INS)
Interview with Informatics
Nurse Specialist (INS)
Guidelines with Rubric
The purpose of this assignment ¬¬¬¬¬¬is for the learner to:
• Evaluate the extent to which the INS functions as member, leader, and/or decision-maker of an Interdisciplinary and/or interprofessional team;
• Compare interviewee functional roles against NI functional roles Identified within the current scope and standards of informatics practice statement for the INS;
• Examine three nursing-informatics (NI) functional roles that the INS demonstrates in clinical practice;
• Summarize the link between nursing theory and nursing informatics roles; and
• Summarize insights gained from the interview in relationship to the INS role and practice
Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 2
TOTAL POINTS POSSIBLE: 150
1. Interview (by telephone or in person) a master or doctorally prepared informatics nurse specialist. Summarize the interview in a three to four-page report, including:
2. Identify the degree of interdisciplinary and interprofessional collaboration the INS has.
3. Identify the INS’ predominant functional areas of practice and how these compare with NI functional areas defined in the American Nurses Association’s 2015 Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice (2nd ed.).
4. Compare what you learned in the interview to what you have read.
5. Provide a link between nursing theory and nursing informatics roles.
Criteria for Content
1. Introduction presents the topic of the scope and standards of informatics practice inclusive of functional areas, the key sections of the paper, and the interviewee without disclosing either their name or the name of their organization.
2. Key elements of the interview are summarized with an emphasis on describing the NI functional roles in which the interviewee practices that include functional areas, practice within the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice, and degree to which the interviewee functions as a member of an interdisciplinary/interprofessional team as an MSN level leader and decision-maker.
3. Scholarly, evidence-based resources will support content, opinions, and conclusions. Differences and similarities between the interview information collected and published descriptions are analyzed and paraphrased in the student’s own words, with scholarly citation and references, including support for opinions.
4. Conclusion includes the student’s unique insights about what was learned from writing the assignment.
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. Required texts may be used as references in addition to evidence-based, scholarly sources no older than three years.
2. All aspects of the paper must be in 6th edition, 7th printing APA format including appropriate attribution of ideas, information, opinions, and content.
3. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should not be longer than four pages or less than three pages.
4. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and writing style is consistent with formal academic writing.
DIRECTIONS AND ASSIGNMENT CRITERIA
Assignment Criteria Points % Description
Introduction 34 23% The introduction introduces the topic of the scope and standards of informatics practice, inclusive of NI functional areas, and the interviewee names the key sections of the paper. No names are included to protect identity and privacy.
Interview Results 34 23% Key elements of the interview are summarized with an emphasis on describing three primary NI functional areas, practice within the scope and standards of NI practice in which the interviewee practices, as well as interdisciplinary/interprofessional efforts. Scholarly support is present.
Analysis 34 23% Differences and similarities between published descriptions of NI functional areas and scope and standards of practice and actual practice of the interviewee are clearly analyzed in the student’s own words, with depth, and analysis is supported by scholarly sources.
Conclusion 33 22% Concluding statements clearly include the writer’s unique insights about NI functional areas and the practice of nursing informatics gained from completing this assignment.
APA Formats 5 3% Text, title page, and reference page(s) are consistent with APA format (zero to three errors).
Citations 5 3% Ideas and information from other sources are cited and are cited correctly (zero to three errors).
Writing Mechanics 5 3% Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are consistent with formal written work (zero to three errors), paper meets page length.
Total 150 100%
Use the following coupon code :
The post Case Study: Nurse Specialist (INS) appeared first on NursingPaperSlayers.