clinical psychology unit 3 journal entry – writinghub.net
In this Journal, you will focus on consolidation in cognitive therapy. As mentioned when we began this process in Unit 1, one helpful rule of thumb is that it often takes about 21 days to establish a new habit. This will be your third week to focus on finding and recording good news each day, and how that process can affect cognitive change.
For this Journal, write at least two full paragraphs about your process of recording good news, and then explain how that practice may bring about cognitive change. In at least 250 words, please be sure to address the following:
- How has the practice been for you?
- Do you find yourself looking forward or resenting this assignment?
- Are you looking forward to recording your good news because it has a “life of its own”?
- Has it become boring to you?
- What, if any, effect is this practice having on other aspects of your habits of thought?
- What effect, if any, does this practice have on your mood and your life?
- Do you think that this is something that you will continue after the conclusion of this assignment?
- Can you see how this process may lead to cognitive change? Explain.