Select one public and one private managed health care system and prepare a PowerPoint briefing with a comparison of the two. Prepare the presentation as if you were explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each to an audience of senior leaders, whether the systems compete or might follow one another in some type of sequence.
While distinguishing between the two, be sure to include the following:
- Summarize how systems are publicly or privately funded.
- Evaluate how costs are managed in each type of system and determine the impact on care quality.
- Interpret how each type of system delivers care to patients.
- Validate the key challenges each system encounters.
- Associate a key past or present healthcare reform that may require positive adjustments in how the system currently operates.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least seven scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate.