counter terrorism, annotated bibliography assignment help – writinghub.net
*NOTE: I only need the thesis statement, outline, and Annonated bib. The “week 5 ” information I posted below is only for help…
Countering the ISIS/ISIL Threat
Review the instructions for the Final Paper in Week Five of your online course or in the “Components of Course Evaluation” section of this guide. (SEE BELOW MARKED ******)
Develop a thesis and outline, and an Annotated bibliography for at least five sources to be used in your final paper in addition to the references identified in the assignment. This prep assignment is intended to help you prepare for the final draft of the Framework, which is due in Week Five.
This assignment must contain the following elements:
- Thesis. Write a thesis statement for your Final Project. The thesis statement should synthesize the point or claim you intend to argue or prove in your paper. In your Final Paper, the thesis should be the final sentence of your introduction and the first sentence of your conclusion.
- Outline. The outline must include all of the required components stated in the assignment instructions.
- Annotated Bibliography of five academic references. The annotated bibliography must contain:
- APA Citation.
- A summary of the article to include, what the author tested, major conclusions and recommendations.
- Summarize how each source will contribute to your Framework.
Students are reminded of Ashford University standards for academic research. Scholarly references standards include:
- Primary (original) sources written by experts in the field of study
- Secondary sources supported by research in primary sources
- Credible sources (experts in the area of study)
- Relevant research (materials are pertinent to the area of study)
- Peer-reviewed journal articles (journal articles reviewed by recognized experts in the relevant field of study) are required.
- Official Government Websites are appropriate sources of information.
- Educational websites may be appropriate in some cases but should be evaluated carefully.
The following are examples of what is not acceptable for academic research and referencing:
- Wikipedia, other wikis, or blogs
- Websites and other sources that do not provide quality researched materials (site does not use credible sources to support the information in the document
APA Title and Reference Page
The assignment should include a properly formatted APA (6th ed.) style title and reference page. The reference page must include at least five academic sources. In addition to the required APA citation for each source, the reference page should also include a summary of the source.
**********************WEEK 5 FINAL PROJECT INFORMATION BELOW:*****************************
Develop a Thesis, Outline, and Annotated Bibliography: Countering the ISIS/ISIL Threat
Throughout this course you have studied various terrorist groups and intelligence capability to counter the threats posed by these groups. For this project, review
one of the following news websites to gain a thorough understanding of ISIS/ISIL terrorist group:
- ABC News. (2015, February 23) ISIS: Trail of terror. Retrieved from: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/fullpage/isis-trail-terror-isis-threat-us-25053190
- Al-Jazeera America. (n.d.). Iraq in turmoil. Retrieved from: http://america.aljazeera.com/topics/topic/international-location/middle-east/iraq.html
- CBS News. (n.d.). The fight against ISIS. Retrieved from: http://www.cbsnews.com/isis/
- CNN News (n.d.) ISIS. Retrieved from: http://www.cnn.com/search/?text=ISIS
- Fox News (n.d.) ISIS. Retrieved from: http://www.foxnews.com/category/world/isis
two of the following
Congressional Research Service Reports (Note Week 5 Readings). Read the Introductions and Summaries of each report.
- Archick, K., Belkin, P., Blanchard, C., Humud C., & Mix, D. (2015, April 27). European Fighters in Syria and Iraq: Assessments, responses, and Issues for the United States. Congressional Research Service, Washington D.C. Retrieved from: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R44003.pdf
- Blanchard, C., Humud C., Katzman K., & Weed, M. (2015, June 11). The Islamic State: Crisis and U.S. Policy. Congressional Research Service, Washington D.C. Retrieved from: http://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/R43612.pdf
- Blanchard, C., Humud C., & Nikitin, M. (2015, July 2015). Armed Conflict in Syria: Overview and U.S. Response. Congressional Research Service, Washington D.C. Retrieved from: https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33487.pdf
- Humud, C., Pirog, R., & Rosen, L. (2015, April 10).Islamic State Financing and U.S. Policy Approaches. Congressional Research Service, Washington D.C. Retrieved from: https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/terror/R43980.pdf
Using the knowledge you have learned in this course evaluating various terrorist groups and the threat they pose, use the Intelligence Cycle (Note Week Two, readings and forums) to help demonstrate your understanding of the threat posed by ISIS to the America. Develop an intelligence request and provide recommendations to law enforcement agencies from the Department of Homeland Security on how to counter the ISIS/ISIL threat. Your Final Project must address the following:
- Understanding the Threat. Summarize who ISIS/ISIL is and why ISIS/ISIL is a threat to America.
- Intelligence Assets and Capability. Based on the threat, select three intelligence agencies to generate actionable intelligence on ISIS/ISIL. Describe the capabilities of the intelligence asset and the type of intelligence gathered by the intelligence agency. Finally, explain how the combination of the three intelligence assets will work together to provide a better understanding of the threat, the methods, and capabilities of ISIS/ISIL.
- Develop a Request For Intelligence (RFI). Based on your analysis of the threat, voids in intelligence on the threat, and the available intelligence assets, develop a specific request for intelligence (RFI) from the appropriate intelligence agencies to identify future intelligence requirements.
- DHS Recommendations to Law Enforcement Agencies. Provide a minimum of two recommendations from DHS to law enforcement agencies to adjust operations to counter the ISIS/ISIL threat to America.
Carefully review the
Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.