culture and immigration as influences on human behavior – writinghub.net
Theory Identification and Analysis
This assignment is the first in a sequence that leads to the final course project. This first component presents the task of analyzing how a theoretical framework might be applied to a case study in a professional context.
By successfully completing this assignment, you demonstrate your proficiency in the following EPAS and behaviors:
- C4.GP.B. Apply critical thinking to engage in analysis of quantitative and qualitative research methods and research findings.
- C6.GP.A, C7.GP.B, C8.GP.B, C9.GP.B. (Engage) (Assess) (Intervene) (Evaluate). Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment, person-in-environment, and other multidisciplinary theoretical frameworks with clients and constituencies.
For the first component of your course project, select a case study and a theory. Your first task in this assignment is to review the three case studies from the Case Study Treatment Plan media, centered on Levi, Tommy, and Hofsa. Select one of these case studies to use for your course project. Then, choose a theoretical framework you think is appropriate to the case; you will later analyze the case using your chosen theory.
In this assignment, develop a picture of who you believe this individual to be. Consider his or her salient characteristics, traits, resources, and barriers. Together, how do all of these facets impact his or her behavior and response to the situation presented in the case study? Also analyze the selected theory within the context of this case. Important: You do not apply the theory to this case until the Unit 7 assignment.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Organize client information to paint a picture of their present intersectionality.
- Develop a statement of the presenting problem.
- Identify and discuss the key components of the theory you selected to apply to your chosen case study (Levi, Tommy, or Hofsa).
- Component examples include psychoanalytic, behavioral, cognitive, person-centered, feminist and gender sensitive theories, systemic, et cetera.
- Evaluate the theory you have chosen. Explain why the theory is selected to analyze your chosen case.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your selected theory, using academic resources to support your position.
- Evaluate how cultural competence is applied to your selected theory.
- Describe at least one implication of the theory as it relates to human behavior and development for your chosen case study of Levi, Tommy, or Hofsa.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Cited resources: A minimum of three scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Length of paper: A minimum of four double-spaced pages, not counting title page, abstract, or reference list.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Due date: Submit your assignment no later than Sunday of this unit.