In this discussion, you will evaluate, differentiate, and interconnect the dynamics of power and influence of an organizational leader. In your response, consider the traits, values, ethics, and skills found in effective leaders.
APPLICATION: As you generate your response, consider an organization or a leader you know or have read about. Provide specific examples to support your discussion.
- Identify the leader or organization.
- Select a characteristic or value that you think is important to this leader’s or organization’s success.
- Discuss this characteristic or value in the context of the topic of power versus influence in organizational leadership.
Your original post should be no more than three to four paragraphs written in clear, concise form. Support your writing with at least two scholarly sources that are in addition to required readings, and cite using APA style.
When responding to other posts, discuss the findings and assess the effective use of the critical inquiry method. Do the findings resonate with your own experiences with and knowledge about leadership practices? Why or why not? Support your position.
Discussion question responses should be at least 200-300 words
Paper: Influence Tactics Paper
There are seven influence tactics an individual can use to influence others: silent authority, assertiveness, information control, coalition formation, upward appeal, persuasion, impression management, and exchange.
- Select a well-known leader, alive or deceased, and conduct research on the influence tactics he or she has used to influence others. Identify the tactics and the specific situations in which they were used.
- Based on your research, determine which tactics were the most successful for this leader.
- Write a paper which examines the leader’s use of tactics to influence followers.
- Your paper should include an introduction and a conclusion and should be 4-5 pages long, not including the title or reference pages, which you must include.