Write a 700- to 875-word paper on a current epidemic illness.
Visit the following websites and identify an illness that is currently considered to be an epidemic in at least one part of the world:
- Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov
- National Institutes of Health: www.NIH.gov
- World Health Organization: www.who.int
Address the following in your paper:
- Identify the infectious agent (pathogen)–for example, the name of the bacteria, virus, or parasite.
- Explain how the infectious agent is transmitted through the human population.
- Explain the immune system’s role in protecting the body from disease
- Describe the clinical symptoms, duration of the disease and treatment if any.
- What steps can be taken to prevent further outbreaks? Include individual as well as environmental precautions and methods.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Utilize at least 3 academic sources. Do not use sources such as Wikipedia.
Include a thoughtful introduction and conclusion.