Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2009). Developing process evaluation questions [Evaluation Briefs No. 4]. Retrieved July 1, 2012 fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/evaluation/pdf/brief4.pdf
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2009). Evaluating your strategic plan [Evaluation Briefs No. 5]. Retrieved July 1, 2012 fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/evaluation/pdf/ertnews_spring09.pdf
Committee on Health and Behavior: Research, Practice, and Policy, Board on Neuroscience and Behavioral Health (2001). Evaluating and disseminating intervention research. Health and behavior: The interplay between the biological, behavioral, and societal influences (pp. 274-309). Washington, DC: National Academy Press. Retrieved July 1, 2012 from http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=9838&page=274
Mokdad, A.H. & Remington, P.L. (2010 July). Measuring health behaviors in populations.Preventing Chronic Disease, 7(4), A75. Retrieved July 1, 2012 fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2010/jul/10_0010.htm
I WILL ATTACH AN ESSAY FOR U TO LEAD FROM MY LAST EASSY WILL CONNECT TO THIS ASSIGNMENT
Propose an appropriate evaluation tool to measure the effectiveness of your program or intervention. Research the literature utilizing peer-reviewed journal articles, books, professional organization articles, etc., to help you develop your evaluation tool. The tool could be a questionnaire/survey for your target population.
Write a paper (2-3 pages in length) describing your method of evaluation.
SLP Assignment Expectations
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Describe how you will evaluate the effectiveness of your program.
- Provide a sample of an evaluation tool that you have developed or modified.
- Discuss how you will know if your program or intervention is effective. Refer back to your program goal and objectives.
Your paper will be graded on the following factors:
- Original work—the paper is your own work, not copied or paraphrased from any other sources.
- References—information provided in your paper must be based on your literature search and not merely an opinion. In-text citations and a complete reference list are required. Scholarly and professional sources are required. Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.
- Precision—follows all instructions and answer each part of the assignment.
- Breadth—shows broad knowledge of the topic (multiple perspectives and references, multiple issues/factors considered, as appropriate).
- Depth—provides detail to show more critical thought specific to the assignment.
- Clarity—clear explanation and discussion in addressing the assignment.
- Critical thinking—thinking that goes beyond simple description, repetition, or quotation, and comes to a relevant conclusion.
- Application—the extent to which you apply the information to a real-life situation related to the assignment.
- Length—meets page requirements as stated in the assignment
QUESTION TO ANSWER
the importance of program evaluation. Drawing from the required readings, as well as your own personal and/or professional health-related experiences, what are the pros and cons for conducting program evaluation?
Has to be a minimum of 200 words and has to cite with a reference and a link included