You have been asked to help dietitians in a local community health center to better understand the importance of fat in the diet and particularly how no-fat diets affect the biochemical processes of the body.
A. Explain how lipids, in the form of triglycerides, are broken down to produce ATP, including each of the following:
● the pathways involved in the breakdown
● the substrate(s) and end product(s) of the pathways
B. Explain how no-fat diets can affect the body (e.g., nutrient absorption, essential fatty acids), including each of the following:
● the molecule, or class of molecules affected
● how the absence of fat influences the availability of the molecule, or class of molecules
● the consequence(s), at the biochemical level (i.e., not simply physiological changes), of the change in availability
C. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.