For the Final Project, you will prepare a four- to five-minute audiovisual presentation on a health informatics topic that includes the following:
I need to ensure that the tutor is a male…
- Audiovisual format: To meet the audiovisual requirement, your project must contain something to see and something to hear; however, the format is up to you. Be sure to copy the link to your video, paste it into a Word document and upload the document using the Assignment Submission button. Please review the following list of suggested free software:
- Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.) is a freely available online tool that allows you to create and share screencasts. Review the Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start Guide (Links to an external site.) for more information to help you get started.
- You may also search on your own to locate a program of your choice.
Note: If you have difficulty creating or viewing videos using the programs above, you may need to update your browser. To perform a browser check, view this HelpNow! video (Links to an external site.) and learn how to update your browser.
- Title page: Include a title page with the following:
- Title of Final Project
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Topic: During this course, we explore many different components of health informatics. Pick a topic of interest to you and prepare a four- to five-minute video. This should reflect new information and not be a recap of information learned in this course or another course. Choose one topic from the list:
- Evidence-based practice and informatics
- Public health informatics
- The evolving ePatient
- International efforts, issues, and innovations related to informatics
- Simulation in health care
- Analytics and design-led innovations and management
- Big data: challenges, opportunities, and realities
- Incorporating mobile devices and sensors into daily routines. The potential impact for mHealth is enormous. For example, an individual might spend 15 minutes or less per year with a primary-care physician, whereas the same person has nearly constant contact with a mobile device.
- Applying clinical care guidelines on, and within, mobile platforms
- Gathering and using data (particularly intensive longitudinal data) to study effectiveness of an mHealth intervention
- Consumer informatics
- Applications of social media in health care
- Biomedical applications based on sensor data
- Chronic disease management and preventative solutions
- The four- to five-minute presentation should be set up as a staff educational session on your selected topic.
- Your presentation must:
- Define your topic and explain its relevance to health informatics.
- Describe any ethical issues associated with your topic.
- Describe any associated laws, regulations, or voluntary standards that are relevant to the topic.
- Explain how the topic relates to or impacts health care delivery, administration, education, data administration, or research.
- Summarize associated data capture tools and technologies.
- Describe a specific example of your topic in use in health care.