for this assessment you will research access quality and cost effective care and how they benefit stakeholders you will then write 2 3 pages examining issues of quality and access for stakeholders – writinghub.net
- Managed care has become an integral part of the U.S. health care system. In the early 1990s, President Clinton presented a plan for national health care reform that was based on a modified version of managed competition first proposed by Alain Enthoven.Through a combination of newly formed health alliances and competitive bidding by health plans, the incentives of the health care market would have been restructured to encourage price competition in the health care market at both the health plan and provider levels. Review the empirical literature on the effects of managed care and competition and the implications of current trends.Medicare is the second-largest social insurance program in the United States, after Social Security. Despite several attempts throughout the 20th century to enact national health insurance in the United States, each of those efforts failed, culminating in a compromise approach to provide health insurance for the aged: Medicare.
- Toggle Drawer
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.SHOW MORE
- Toggle Drawer
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Marmor, T. R., & Mashaw, J. L. (2006). Understanding social insurance: Fairness, affordability, and the ‘modernization’ of Social Security and Medicare. Health Affairs, (January-Jun 2006), W114â€“W134.
Note: Each assessment in this course is a step in developing Assessment 6, a proposal for a new health policy in the form of a policy manual. You are strongly encouraged to complete assessments in this course in sequence.Research access, quality, and cost-effective care and how they benefit stakeholders.Then, write a 2â€“3-page paper answering the following questions:
- What role does quality measurement play in assessing the performance of health plans and in assessing the impact of price competition?
- Would you join a health plan without any information on quality, simply because it had the lowest cost? Why or why not?
- Refer to what you learned in your research as you answer the following:
- Should we, as a society, rely on individual choice of high-quality providers?
- Should we base our decisions on publicly available report cards to improve health-care quality?
- Should we rely on institutions (government agencies, for example) to mandate and enforce minimum quality standards? Why or why not?
- How do access, quality, and cost-effective care come together for the benefit of patients? Physicians and providers? Hospitals? Society?
- Length: Paper must be 2â€“3 pages typed and double-spaced, using Times New Roman, 12-point content (length excludes title page, abstract, table of contents, and reference list).
- References: Cite at least three references. Your references may include both scholarly literature and practitioner sources.
- Written communication: Writing must be free of errors, scholarly, and consistent with expectations for business professionals.
- Writing style: APA expectations for scholarly writing include the use of third-person narrative, unless it is awkward to do so.
PLEASE SEE ATTACH GRADING CRITERIA