help with HUMA Attend two cultural events of your own choosing, English Assignment Homework Help – writinghub.net
- Attend two cultural events of your own choosing during the current semester. The event must meet the professor’s criteria for a cultural event.
- The field experience will be a live performance of a play, concert lecture/reading, exhibit, etc. Any other kind of event needs the professor’s approval, for not all events will be accepted as a cultural field experience for this class.
- Submit a typed event summary that includes the following:
- Paragraph One will name the event, giving its category (musical performance, literary event, theatrical performance, lecture/reading, etc.), location, time, and date you attended. Attach a program, ticket, or brochure.
- Paragraph Two is an extended summary of the purpose and scope of the event, using its genre-relate vocabulary. What was the event about? What did it set out to do? What were its major points or emphases? Was there a specific order to the presentation? This section needs to be developed well and may have more than one paragraph. Where an exhibit is large, concentrate on a particular aspect rather than cover all of it. This paragraph is the nucleus of your experience and should be informative, specific, and encompassing.
- Paragraph Three includes extended and supported critical comments. Did the event seem to accomplish its purpose? If, so, what evidence can you cite? What specific effect did it have on you or on its particular audience? What specific recommendation would you make to change or improve the event for its particular audience? Just throwing out words like “great,” “good,” “excellent,” “needs improvement,” and “enjoyable” will not suffice.
- Proofread carefully for organization, development, correctness of expression,
grammar, and mechanics. Follow manuscript directions, submitting the assignment in your folder.
- Sometimes other students attend the same event before, with, or after you. Be
sure you (and they) compose your (and their) own written event summary.
7. Depending on the field event, some students may be asked to share their events
with the class.