Research the changes in the healthcare industry in the past five to ten years and the role of HRM in maintaining success while adapting to these changes. Select one healthcare trend for deeper study. On the basis of your research, present an analysis of the trend by addressing the following:
- Describe and explain the trend you selected, citing some important data. Focus on changes in the trends over the past five to ten years and the effects of these trends on HRM.
- Briefly note the common characteristics of an effective healthcare HR department and explain which of these characteristics will equip HRM to respond to the selected trend.
- Explain five common HRM metrics used to ensure positive outcomes and give an appropriate example of each metric as it applies to a healthcare organization.
- Explain the strategic importance of the selected trend as it relates to the overall plan of a healthcare organization and its HR department.
- State your opinion or conclusion about the selected trend on the basis of the research you conducted.
- To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Present your analysis as a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style. On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.