Imagery of the Environment, environmental science homework help
watch the lecture 6(http://www.3cmediasolutions.org/playlists/646) and answer those 5 questions.
1. What was the general attitude of the people of the US during the 1800’s towards the West? What specific acts were put in place to exemplify this attitude? What is the manifest destiny?
2. What was the motivation of the Railroad companies to hire artists, what were they trying to convey through the art? Describe the characteristics they included.
3. Describe and compare Thomas Moran and Albert Bierstadt’s paintings in your own words, which painting had the most impact on you and why?
4. What was the style that the early California artists like Granville Redmond followed, describe it, what were they trying to capture?
5. Do a google search on one other Early California Impressionist, write a page on their life and work. Pick an a painting of theirs that you particularly liked and compare it with Granville Redmond, similarities differences etc.