individual response – writinghub.net
Writing Circle Guidelines and Instructions
Complete your Individual Response using the prompt given below. Your IR should be written in a separate document then cut/pasted into a new thread on the discussion board. Be sure your IR follows these guidelines:
- Will focus on the specific prompt provided below
- Will be a minimum of 200 words in length to be considered “acceptable”
- “Superior/Exceptional” responses will go above and beyond in detail, clarity, complexity, and thoughtfulness
- Will directly reference the reading(s)/lecture(s) (use at least one citation from each source)
- Will include proper MLA citation and Works Cited listing at the end
- Will be posted by Friday at 11:59 p.m. by starting a new thread on discussion board
After completing the assigned pages from the assigned novel, consider and write about the following:
Record your reactions and responses to the text so far. Look through your “active reading” notes and write about what you found memorable, noteworthy, or otherwise striking in the text. Where did you experience to strongest of emotional reactions? How do you account for those?
In your response, include details and expanded notes on characters, situations, and actions that you find important or vital to the story. Why are these important and worth mentioning in your response?