Final Project Proposal
This week, you submit your first assignment related to your Final Project, which is a proposal for a leadership and strategy plan for solving a pressing public health problem.
For this week’s Assignment, review the Learning Resources.
Submit a proposal in the form of a 2- to 3-page paper explaining the community health problem that will be featured in the Final Project. The paper will include the following:
- A description of the public health leadership problem and why it is a problem.
- An identification of how the problem relates to the Healthy People 2020 priority areas.
- A list of potential resources for data (at least 10–12 resources).
Final Project: Leadership and Strategy Plan
For this Final Project you selected a pressing health problem affecting a community and developed a leadership and strategy plan for addressing the problem. You linked this problem to corresponding Healthy People 2020 objective(s).
Submit a 13- to 15-page paper in APA format (not including title page). For full criteria, refer to the Final Project Guidelines document in the Week 1 Learning Resources.
- Shi, L., & Johnson, J. A. (2014). Novick and Morrow’s public health administration: Principles for population-based management (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 6, “Professionalism and Ethics in Public Health Practice and Management” (pp. 119–136)
- Jennings, B., Kahn, J., Mastroianni, A., & Parker, L. S. (Eds.). (2003). Ethics and public health: Model curriculum. Retrieved from Association of Schools of Public Health website: http://www.aspph.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/EthicsCurriculum.pdf
- Module 4, “Community-Based Practice and Research: Collaboration and Sharing Power”
- Module 5, “Ethics and Infectious Disease Control: STDs, HIV, TB”
- Module 6, “Ethics of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention”
- Module 7, “Ethical Issues in Environmental and Occupational Health”
- Module 8, “Public Health Genetics: Screening Programs and Individual Testing/Counseling”
- Module 9, “Public Health and Health System Reform: Access, Priority Setting, and Allocation of Resources”
- Public Health Leadership Society. (2002). Principles of the ethical practice of public health. Retrieved from http://www.apha.org/~/media/files/pdf/about/ethics_brochure.ashx
- Thomas, J. (2004). Skills for the ethical practice of public health. Retrieved from the Public Health Leadership Society website: http://phls.org/CMSuploads/Skills-for-the-Ethical-Practice-of-Public-Health-68547.pdf
- Public Health Ethics (PHE). (n.d.). Retrieved October 6, 2014, from http://phe.oxfordjournals.org/