Think of a group you have belonged to and worked with during your professional life, discussion help – writinghub.net
Think of a group you have belonged to and worked with during your professional life. (Professional life can be work done in charities/nonprofits/not-for-profits and your experiences in higher education.) You do not have to have use “real” names, especially if it was a bad experience! If you do not have any experiences you wish to share, feel free to make up a fictional group or fictionalize your experiences. You may use a group that has gone to the “dark side”, i.e. was/is dysfunctional.
Answer the following questions:
- Use your readings from Chapters 7 and 8 to determine this:
- What was the purpose of the group? Was it work or school related?
- What type of meeting was it?
- What roles did the various members of the group fulfill? Use the functional roles table 7-2 in Chapter 7 as your guideline to list the roles.
- Using the Chapter 7 Self-assessment statements and 7-2 and 7-3 tables as your guidelines and respond to the following:
- Was your group functional or dysfunctional?
- What roles did the various members play?
- What characteristics did they exhibit that support your contention?
- What are the characteristics of a successful group? If a dysfunctional group, list 3 specific things the group could have done to contribute to a successful group.
- Use specific examples and details to get full credit for this discussion. Write your response in comprehensive paragraphs