Small individual differences in our lifestyle can add up to large changes in society. There are many automobile companies exploring different types of energy supplies other than gasoline. Conduct research on these alternative fuel sources for automobiles. Discuss one alternative to gasoline for automobiles. Watch this ABC News video for a good example.
Conduct research on these alternative fuel sources for automobiles and answer the following:
- Discuss one alternative to gasoline for automobiles and explain how it works.
- Select an automobile model – on the market now – that uses the alternative fuel source you described above and give detailed information on the vehicle (including but not limited to who makes it, how much it costs, the mileage it gets, etc.)
- Thinking about the auto model you chose above, would you buy one of these – why or why not?
- Would you save gas (not money) if you drove the model you chose to investigate? If not, why not? Please show your calculations.
- What changes would make these vehicles more popular?
- Would you consider using public transportation or riding a bicycle instead of driving your current vehicle for at least some trips you make?