https://writinghub.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/output-onlinepngtools-10-1-300x69.png 0 0 admin https://writinghub.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/output-onlinepngtools-10-1-300x69.png admin2021-04-27 12:17:312021-04-27 12:17:31Using Chemistry to Feed the World and for Useful Materials
Directions: Address the following questions.
- What are two elements that occur in the free metallic state in nature?
- What possible atmospheric pollutants are produced by the refining of iron and copper?
- Name four properties of metals and give an example of the use of a metal taking advantage of each property.
- Describe three sources of gold described in chapter 18 of the text.
- Name what causes soil to be:
- What are the three primary mineral plant nutrients that are considered in fertilizer formulations?
- What is the reason the use of DDT is banned in the United States? Why do you suppose that DDT is still used in other parts of the world?
- Two effective natural insecticides are Bt toxins and neem tree seeds. Explain what these are and why they are becoming so popular.