virtualization and the cloud computing world 3 – writinghub.net
The popularity and rapid adoption of Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) by a number of organizations has impacted internal IT / IS departments. These services provide a virtualization infrastructure that covers data storage, networking, desktop computing, mobile computing, and so on.
Write a two to three page paper in which you:
- Describe at least three items that an organizationâ€™s IT / IS department should consider when an organizationâ€™s strategy calls for the use of SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS.
- Evaluate the ways that SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS are used to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase Return on Investment (ROI).
- Examine the impact to the IT support personnel when an organization embarks on the strategy stated in Question 1.
- Analyze three considerations that the organizationâ€™s management should be aware of.
- Examine three security issues that could arise from this type of an infrastructure.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the process of administering enterprise systems, including the use of virtualization and monitoring, and power and cooling issues.
- Evaluate the total cost of ownership and return on investment for enterprise architecture alternatives.
- Evaluate the use of technology and information resources to research issues in Cloud and strategic networks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in enterprise architecture.
- Write clearly and concisely about enterprise architecture topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.