WEEK ASSIGNMENT 3 Final Paper Rough DRAFT – writinghub.net
Final Paper Rough Draft
Review the Final Paper instructions in Week Five of this course.
Then, write a rough draft for your Final Paper, in which you compare and contrast two literary works from this course that share the same theme (using the “Themes & Corresponding Works” list in the Week Five Final Paper instructions, as a guide).
The paper should be organized around your thesis (argument), which is the main point of the entire essay. When developing a thesis for a comparative paper, consider how a comparison of the works provides deeper insight into the topic of your paper (i.e., think about why you have chosen to look at these particular works in relation to one another). In your analysis, consider the relationships among the following elements:
- Form (e.g., short story vs. poem)
- Theme: Your paper must address one of the themes listed.
- Length: Your draft should be six to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference page)
- Sources: Utilize at least six scholarly sources to support your thesis (including the course text and at least two sources from the Ashford Online Library).
- APA: Your draft must be formatted to APA (6th edition) style.
- Separate Title Page: Must include an original title
- Separate Reference Page
- Proper Citations: All sources must be properly cited, both within the text and in a separate reference page.
- Elements of Academic Writing: All academic papers should include these elements.
- Introduction with a thesis statement
- Supporting paragraphs
- APA samples and tutorials are available to you in the Ashford Writing Center, located in the left navigation bar.
- Try to develop your draft as thoroughly as possible. Doing so will allow your instructor to provide you with more specific feedback, and will help you to produce a higher-quality final paper.
Ashford Writing Center (AWC) has two kinds of tutoring available to you.
THE THEME I CHOSE IS: RACE/ETHNCITY
THE TWO I CHOSE IS: WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE A BLACK GIRL/ COUNTRY LOVERS