white paper 13 – writinghub.net
Write a three to five page white paper in which you summarize your research and discuss the similarities and differences between the two IT security policy documents. You should focus upon clarity and conciseness more than length when determining what content to include in your paper. At a minimum, your white paper must include the following:
1. An introduction or overview of IT Security Policies for the executive branch of state governments (covering state agencies and offices in the executive branch including the governor’s office). Explain the purpose of an IT security policy and how it is used. Answer the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices? (Make sure that you address the importance of such strategies to small, resource-poor states as well as to large or wealthy states.)
2. A separate section in which you discuss the common principles and policy sections / statements (similarities) found in both IT security policy documents.
3. A separate section in which you discuss the unique aspects of the first state’s IT security policy document.
4. A separate section in which you discuss the unique aspects of the second state’s IT security policy document.
5. A section in which you discuss your evaluation of which state government has the better of the two IT security policy documents. You should also present best practice basedrecommendations for improvements for both IT security policy documents. (Note: you may have different recommendations for the individual policies depending upon the characteristics of each document.)
6. A separate section in which you summarize your research and recommendations.