you will submit a 2 4 page assessment based on a selected ethical theory including analysis of how the theory relates to value dilemmas faced by health care providers – writinghub.net
you will select an ethical theory and analyze it as it relates to value dilemmas faced by health care providers.
Complete the following:
- From the list below, select an ethical theory. Choose a particular set of issues or applications as the focus of your analysis.
- Liberal individualism.
- Research and explain your selected theory. Use relevant and current literature for this explanation.
- Examine the theory in terms of the role and responsibility of managers in health care.
- Analyze how the theory you selected relates to the value dilemmas that health care providers must confront. You may integrate several theories as necessary, but you must use one prominent theory to guide your analysis throughout the paper.
- Use at least three credible sources to support your ideas. Be sure to properly cite all sources in APA style.
You may wish to begin your research with the linked materials in the Resources under the Internet Resources heading, including the following:
- Gaskill’s 2008 lecture notes, “Kantian Ethics.”
- Driver’s 2009 article, “The History of Utilitarianism.”
- Sturgis’s 1994 article, “The Rise, Decline, and Reemergence of Classical Liberalism.”
- Bell’s 2012 article, “Communitarianism.”
- Length: 2â€“4 pages, typed and double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point (length excludes title page and reference list).
- References: Cite at least three references. Your references may include both scholarly literature and practitioner sources.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors, scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the profession of psychology.
- Writing style: APA expectations for scholarly writing include the use of third-person narrative, unless it is awkward to do so.
- APA formatting: Must be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting and include a title page and reference list.
- Baum, N. (2006). A new look at informed consent. Healthcare Financial Management, 60(2), 106â€“112.
- Beauchamp, T. L. (2003). A defense of the common morality. Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal, 13(3), 259â€“276.
- Cunningham, L. (1989). The will of the people. The Healthcare Forum Journal, 32(4), 21â€“25.
- Curtin, L. L. (1994). DNR in the OR: Ethical concerns and hospital policies. Nursing Management, 25(2), 29â€“32.
- Duff, S. (2002). It’s easier to tell the truth. Modern Healthcare, 32(23), 12â€“13.
- Leape, L. L. (2006). Full disclosure and apologyâ€”An idea whose time has come. Physician Executive, 32(2), 16â€“18.
- Nelson, W. A. (2005). An organizational ethics decision-making process. Healthcare Executive, 20(4), 8â€“14.